Re-opening Plans and Information
Welcome to the CHS Re-opening Page. This page includes information about what to expect as we return to in-house public worship and use by the community groups that depend upon us for a place to gather. If you have questions, please contact the church office at 402-291-7732 during normal office hours.
We are excited to announce, that on Sunday, August 9th,
we will once again be holding in-house public worship.
Some of the changes members and guests will note are explained briefly in our Welcome Back video. Here are a few key points:
- We will only offer a single service on Sunday and Wednesday
mornings; both beginning at 9:30am.
- Members and Guests are expected to wear a mask before entering
until leaving the building. Masks may be lowered once the service
has begun and social distancing has been established.
- We will use assigned seating for the first month to help us get
comfortable with social distancing guidelines for worship.
- Communion will be offered as part of our worship. However, we
will not share from the common cup. Instead, for the time being,
we will use fellowship kits that include both wafer and
- We will not hold the typical after service fellowship hour as
current direction prevents the sharing of food or beverages.
However, outdoor gathering using social distancing is authorized.
- We will continue to broadcast our Sunday service using Facebook
Live on our Facebook Page.
Welcome Back Video
Altar Guild Training Video